GEO #1 (vol 2): Grassroots Democracy In Action
Welcome to the first official issue of GEO's new electronic newsletter. We close the past twelve years and 77 issues (volume 1) and open a new volume in our work of sharing stories of hope, creativity and vision in the work of building a just, sustainable and democratic society.
Democratic Practice Across Sectors
- Why Are We Playing Monopoly When We Can Be Living Democracy? By Frances Moore Lappé.
- Money Talks: How Participatory Budgeting Can Transform Politics. By Josh Lerner.
- Limiting Corporate Rights: Lessons from a Democracy School. By Joel Schoening.
Workplace Democracy in the U.S.
- Co-ops Unite to Support Worker-Ownership in Home Care. By Jim Johnson.
- Taking Back the South Bronx: Opening Day at a Green Worker Co-op. By Lauren Kozol.
International Models for Economy Democracy
- Linking the Global and the Local: Seikatsu's Vision. By Yvon Poirier.
Support GEO - Buy Printed Copies of Back Issues
GEO is a volunteer-run collective and relies on your generosity. We make our content free but also sell printed back issues in our store - each full of of grassroots documentation from activists and innovators.
All purchases help fund GEO, a volunteer-run collective project of the Ecological Democracy Institute of North America.