Ten Ways the Occupy Movement Changes Everything
by Sarah van Gelder, David Korten, Steve Piersanti
posted Nov 10, 2011
1. It names the source of the crisis.
2. It provides a clear vision of the world we want.
3. It sets a new standard for public debate.
4. It presents a new narrative.
5. It creates a big tent.
6. It offers everyone a chance to create change.
7. It is a movement, not a list of demands.
8. It combines the local and the global.
9. It offers an ethic and practice of deep democracy and community.
10. We have reclaimed our power."
Read the full story at
Support GEO - Buy Printed Copies of Back Issues
GEO is a volunteer-run collective and relies on your generosity. We make our content free but also sell printed back issues in our store - each full of of grassroots documentation from activists and innovators.
All purchases help fund GEO, a volunteer-run collective project of the Ecological Democracy Institute of North America.